- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
The type of information we may ask you to provide about yourself and therefore collect includes, but is not limited to:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone numbers, etc.)
- Details of your enquiry including information about your requirements and how our services might assist.
- Contractual details about the products or services we provide to you.
- Location data we receive about where you are.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Abseil Commercial Ltd. with the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- When you contact us in person, over the telephone, by email, by post or social media.
- When you use our services.
- Make payment/s and provide transaction data.
We may collect your personal data from third parties we work with including:
- companies or persons that introduce you to us.
- suppliers of materials and equipment.
- trade contractors.
- Social networks.
How will we use your data?
Abseil Commercial Ltd. collects your data so that we can:
- Process your enquiries and/or orders and manage your account.
- respond to your enquiry;
- Write, email or telephone you with quotes, reports and any other relevant information relating to any works or proposed works we might carry out for you.
- Invoice you when instructed works are completed
- Make and manage customer payments.
- Collect and recover money that is owed to us.
- Send you information about similar products and services.
- Notify you about changes to our service.
- Carry out analysis to make improvements to our website and/or services.
- Measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we deliver to you and others.
- Monitor customer service including processing customer satisfaction surveys.
- Keep our records up to date.
- Develop and manage products and services, and what we charge for them.
- Define types of customers for new products or services.
- Test new products.
- Develop and carry out marketing activities.
- Study how our customers use our products and services.
- Comply with laws and regulations that apply to us.
- Detect, investigate, report, and seek to prevent financial crime and fraud.
- Manage risk for us and our customers.
- Respond to complaints and seek to resolve them; and to
- Run our business in an efficient and proper way. This includes managing our financial position, business capability, planning, communications, corporate governance, and audit.
Abseil Commercial Ltd. will not sell, rent or trade your personal data.
Abseil Commercial Ltd. will only share your data with other companies or third parties (such as sub contractors and neighbouring property/land owners) in order to facilitate the works you instruct us to undertake or to comply with laws and regulations that apply to us or under your instruction and in the circumstances below:
Where relevant, we may give third party providers who supply services to us, or who process personal data on our behalf, access to your personal data in order to help us to process it for the purposes set out above. When doing so, we will ask them to confirm that their security measures are adequate to protect your personal data.
Within the purposes set out above we may share your personal data with the following third parties:
With your consent, we will also pass your personal data on to third parties, for example if you ask us to put you in contact with professional advisors.
We may disclose your personal data to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our contracts with you, or to protect our rights, property, or our safety and/or the safety of our customers, or others.
We may need to confirm your identity before we provide products or services to you or your business.
We may disclose your personal data to third parties in the event that we sell any part of our business, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer of such business or assets. If any part of our business is acquired by a third party, personal data held by us may be transferred.
Protecting your information
Abseil Commercial Ltd. will seek to keep your personal data secure by taking appropriate technical and organisational measures against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
Only authorised personnel (and third parties as described above) will have access to your personal data.
If logging on to our website it is your responsibility to protect log in details. You must treat these as confidential and must not share or disclose your log in details to any other party.
We will retain your personal data for no longer than the period of time needed for the purposes that we collected the data and for as long as we have legal grounds to retain it. There is no fixed period after which all record of your personal data will be deleted as this will depend on the circumstances and the purposes of the processing but we will take steps and maintain policies to keep retention under proper review. We will not seek your consent before deleting any personal data.
Please note that we may require the above listed information to be able to respond to your enquiry or to provide our services or marketing information to you. You can however at any time tell us to change or remove any personal data or to stop or restrict the processing of your personal data.
Abseil Commercial Ltd. may like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might be interested in.
You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please let us know.
What are your data protection rights?
Abseil Commercial Ltd. would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request us to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to us processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Our Company uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Our Company uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our Company sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
- [Add any other types of cookies your company uses]
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us: 015394 34932
Or write to us at: Oak Howe, Great Langdale, Cumbria, LA22 9JZ
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Abseil Commercial Ltd. has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at: